Welcome | Startline | Clubs & Trainers | Events | Facebook | Fleamarket | Rescues | Senior League | Show Diary | Workshops | Contact Us

Up ] Chocolate Warning ] Clever Trevor ] Feeding for Performan ] Know Your Onions ] Poison Alert ] Raw Feeding ] Sour Grapes ] Xylitol Warning ]

Feeding & Food Alerts

Contents

Clever Trevor
World 60-weave record holder Wenya Ready Trevor has faced lots of problems in his short life. He will celebrate his sixth birthday this year, but there were times when his owner Traci Gaunt thought he would never make it. Ann Shear tells how Traci battled and got Trevor's gluten allergy under control and how he went on to find his place in the Guinness Book of Records. (03/04/01)

Death by Chocolate
Candy is dandy, but not for dogs. Chocolate made for human consumption can cause death in dogs

Know Your Onions
Joyce Dobson wrote to a popular dog magazine to find out if the rumour that she had heard about onions had any truth in it. She was very surprised by their reply. Here's what she found out.

Sour Grapes
Beware. Grapes and raisins can be toxic to dogs when ingested in large quantities. Kate Prosser found out the heartbreaking way when her Vizsla Anya died from acute renal failure after ingesting a 500g. bag of raisins. (18/01/03)

Xylitol Warning
Sugarless gum containing Xylitol is especially dangerous to dogs. Enough Xylitol is seldom eaten by a dog for it to be fatal. But, it can cause still cause coma, seizures, and/or weakness.  (04/06/08)