If you have any questions whatsoever, email the League administrator Ellen Rocco.
SAL 2017 is now open for registration. It is not necessary to re-register if you were a member in 2016 or before. Just start adding your points and watch them grow.
We are delighted to announce that the Big Dog Bed Company has agreed to sponsor the Senior League.
Dru Ross of the Big Dog Bed Company said, 'Were very pleased to be sponsoring the Senior Agility League for the coming year. We are not agility competitors ourselves, but know of people who are active in the agility world and in this League. Its good to know that agility is not just for the youngsters. We wish everyone in the Senior League massive good luck for the 2016 season.'
To mark the Big Dog Bed Companys sponsorship of the Senior Agility League, agility people can receive 15% off any item bought from the BDBCo website before the 1st December, using the code SAL 2016.
Providing a better bed for your dog
The Big Dog Bed Company aims to provide your dogs with the best sleeping environment whether at home, in kennels, at the vet or in the car. We make good quality, comfortable beds for dogs of all sizes, using a range of constructions appropriate to dog size and weight. Want a bed to fit a specific space why not go bespoke. All covers are waterproof, antibacterial, and washable. Everything is made in the UK.
Once again Jacky Oriss and the amazing Oh Ted topped the Senior Agility League for the third year out of the last four. They amassed a stunning total of 3119 points.
|Jacky Orriss||Oh Ted||BC||4583|
|Linda Seaton||Our Boy Zeus AW/G||Min Poodle||2493|
|Jacky Orriss||Maccadale Kitt Kat||Border Collie||2356|
|Hazel Kemble||Redwarren Swift AW/G (||Hungarian Vizsla||2931|
|Julia Morter||Meisterwerk Little Elle||Sheltie X Collie||1755|
|Allsorts||Jacky Orriss||Oh Ted||Border Collie||4583|
Top Three in Each Category
Gold (55-59) Large
- Jan Smith with Harry Botreaux (WSD) - 1900 points
- Mandy Davenport with And Then There Were Three (English Springer Spaniel) - 1283 points
- Laura Sivell with Cefn Kite (Welsh Sheepdog) - 1197 points
Gold (55 59) Medium
- Linda Seaton with Our Boy Zeus AW/G (Min Poodle) - 2493 points
- Jill Oliver with Fenborders a Touch of Magic (Border Collie) - 1185 points
- Alyson Walker with Shanandi Wild Poppet (Min Poodle) - 893 points
Gold (55-59) - Small
- Peter Ray with Sybray White Blossom AW/G (Min Schnauzer) - 2207 points
- Kathleen Geraghty with Lady Caoga (Shih Tzu) - 1691 points
- Peter Ray with Nujax Ice Dancer AW/G (Min Schnauzer) - 1215 points
Ruby (60-64) Large
- Jacky Orriss with Maccadale Kitt Kat (Border Collie) - 2356 points
- Jenny Hastie with Nessa Ainmhithe Girl AW/G (X) - 1648 points
- Edwina Brown with Born Trier AW/G (Border Collie) - 13666 points
Ruby (60-64) Medium
- Sam Butchart with Starrytails Dark Traveller (Miniature American Shepherd) - 2328 points
- Val Kidd with Bruich Laddie (Working Cocker) - 1859 points
- Judy Allen with Tees Tulla (English Springer Spaniel) - 1689 points
Ruby (60-64) Small
- Sue Batley with Bundle of Mischief AW/G (W/Cocker Spaniel) - 2251 points
- Jan Smith with Buddy Big Ears (JRT X) - 1377 points
- David Girling with Duchess Dottie of Highwoods (Crossbreed) - 1248 points
Platinum (65-69) Large
- Hazel Kemble with Redwarren Swift AW/G (Hungarian Vizsla) - 2931 points
- Maggie Jones with My Girl Ella AW/S (WSD) - 1512 points
- Heather Litherland with Reo Speed Waggin (WSD) - 1397 points
Platinum (65-69) Medium
- Freda Wallace with Meisterwerk Tika AW/G (Sheltie/BC) - 2719 points
- David Spranger with Tearsran Tango Bachelor Boy AW/G (Cocker Spaniel) - 1939 points
- Carol Wicker with Mimbre Bombette (Manchester Terrier) - 812 points
Platinum (65-69) Small
- Dave Walker with Josie Hopebeyondthestars (Sheltie) - 2420 points
- Vivien Spranger with Tearsran Tango Visions AW/S (Cocker Spaniel) - 1639 points
- Denise Hyett with Buddy Hes My Boy AW/S (Poodle x Papillon) - 1412 points
Diamond (70+) Large
- Beryl Brander with Harvey Moonshine AW/B (Crossbreed) - 986 points
- Pam Rawson with Dogsby Gump AW/B (Lab x Collie) 917 points
- Sue Adams with Manninagh Tilgane Beg (WSD) - 911 points
Diamond (70+) Medium
- Julia Morter with Meisterwerk Little Elle (Sheltie x Collie) 1755 points
- Beryl Brander with Valgrays Magic Zilla (Min Schnauzer) 797 points
- John Foord with Detania Red Bordeaux (BC) - 247 points
Diamond (70+) Small
- Beryl Brander with The Gruffalo (Yorkshire Terrier) - 1190 points
- Doreen Sizeland with Lady Of The Ocean AW/B (English Cocker Spaniel) 906 points
- Jennifer Rothwell with Poppet The Rocket (Bedlington Crossbreed) - 768 points
- Jacky Orriss with Oh Ted! (Border Collie) - 4583 Points
Please note that by submitting your application for the Senior Agility League, you are agreeing to the rules below.
1. The Senior Agility League (The League) is open to handlers aged 55 years and over on 1 January in the current year.
2. Dogs entered in The League must be registered with the Kennel Club
3. The League will run from 1st January to 21nd December in each year. Points from shows between 22nd December and 31st December can be carried forward to the next year.
4. The League is organised in four main categories with three sub-categories according to size (Large, Medium & Small) depending upon the age of the hander in 1 January in each year.
Gold:- 55 -59 years
Ruby: 60 -64 years
Platinum: 65 - 69 years
Diamond: 70+ years
5. Points can be claimed from places and clear rounds from all shows but not club matches, leagues, fun days or simulated/training in the ring shows etc.,
6. Different points apply to Kennel Club licensed and non-KC shows. See Points Table below
7. When claiming points, the show, date, class and place must be state, The administrator reserves the right to assess if the show is eligible, under the above guidelines.
8. Placed points can only be claimed if a placed rosette is presented by the show. Otherwise clear round points only can be claimed. Clear round points can be claimed even if clear round rosettes are not given by the show but must be within the course time.
9. Placed points can be claimed for all standard 'singles' classes including Championship qualifying rounds but not the final and also Helter Skelter, Gamblers, Snooker and other 'special# classes. Points may also be claimed for UKA Masters Combined result but not the individual rounds.
10. The Dog will remain in the category/level it starts in on 1 January for the duration of that year, Allsorts excepted. Only points from Allsorts/Veterans will count. Points cannot be transferred from Standard classes.
11. The Handler/Owner must update registration each year.
12. The Handler/Owner is responsible for changing the categories if required, when starting the year.
13. It is the Owner/Handlers responsibility to send their points via post or submit points on-line.
14. There is no time limit to claim points, although we would ask that you try to do so on a monthly basis.
15. Final results for the year must be received (postmarked) by 21 December of the current year. The winners will be announced on Agilitynet and in other agility press
16. Points claimed for the combination of dog and handler cannot be claimed when run by another handler, even if registered with The League.
17. Allsorts dogs are welcome to join The League. Points can be claimed for 'special' classes, Anysize, Allsorts and veterans but not Standard classes. If no places are awarded by the show for the class you can only claim clear round points. Allsorts points cannot be used in the 'main' League. If a dog transfers to 'Allsorts' during the year, please contact the administrator.
UKA & Unaffiliated
Q, How soon should I add my points?
A. As soon as possible so that everyone can see how you are doing in The League, though officially you have until The League closes on 21 December to add your points
Q. Some unaffiliated shows allow dogs to run at their own level rather than the level of the handler. For example, when dogs are KC Grade 3 but are allowed to run in Elementary under a different organisation. Can you claim these points?
Q. I have won out. Do I need to change my Grade?
A. No, your dog remains in the category it started in January of the current year for the duration of the year.
Q. What system should I use to calculate points from a KC Limited show?
A. The points are the same as a KC Open show, Unaffiliated shows have different points values. Click here to see Points Table.
Q. Why does my dog have to be registered with the Kennel Club?
A. The League needs set a criteria to work with such as levels, heights, recognised breeds etc.
Q. Do wins / places have to be clear rounds to count or can faults be involved?
.A place is a place. Claim it.
Q. When I try to register or add in points, I keep getting sent back to the Login screen. What do I do.
A. Click here for help. It's all about cookies - and not the eatable kind.
Q. As a resident in N Ireland, I frequently compete in the Republic of Ireland under Irish KC rules and regs. Do wins under IKC rules count and if so, in which category -- KC or unaffiliated?
A. As the Two Kennel Clubs have similar standards - rules and regs, your points would count as KC.
Thank you to John Ward and the DARL Rescue League for their help with the League Tables.