Running a terrier is like a box of chocolates...
In 2012 the Agility Terrier League came to life, sponsored by Fylde Agility and with the help of James Amor, and is the first League which is open to all Terrier breeds and their crosses. It was set up by Terrier handler Hannah Grantham who thought it was about time that Terrier handlers had a league of their own where they could compete against each other and have fun whilst doing so. To her amazement the League was extremely popular and attracted over 200 Terrier owners who have been competing across the UK (including Ireland) throughout 2013 at KC and Non-KC shows to try to become the champion of their Grade.
Grand Champions Winners
Agility Terrier League 2015 Grade Champions and Reserves.
Agility Terrier League 2015 is now open for new members. It is open to all terriers and their crosses. There are great prizes on offer for each grade winner and there is an annual final you could qualify for. Thanks for your continued support xx
Please visit https://agilityterrierleague.wordpress.com/joining/ to join.
Agility Terrier League Final
Agility Terrier League Final 2014 held at Dog Vegas, Thetford on the 21 June 2014 Judge was Steph Wilson-Astbury who set a lovely flowing and fun Grade 1-7 agility course. The final was full of fun and demonstrated the competitive and fun side of running terriers.
Results of the Final
Well done to all the terriers who ran in the Final. We will do it all again next year.
Keep adding those results. There will be Finals next year. A minimum top 4 or 30% in each grade will go forward to the 2015 finals, venue TBC.
End of Year Report
Well done to all who took part, especially those listed below. Your rosettes will be on their way to you very soon. Each Champion will receive a miniature model of their dog from Lah Lah Dogs. Please look out for an email from me requesting a photograph.
Also, the top 10 handlers and dogs from each grade will be receiving an email regarding the Agility Terrier League Final which will be held at the Dog Vegas Agility Show on Saturday, 21 June 2014.
Thanks you to everyone who took part during 2013. Without your support, the League would not have happened. Registration for the 2014 League is now open, please join in the usual way. Membership fees for the 2014 League will be £3 per dog.
Good luck, and see you all during 2014.
League Final Announced
The Agility Terrier League will be holding an actual Final in 2014 at Dog Vegas Week long show in June 2014.
The top 10 dogs from each grade will be invited to the Final which will be run over an Agility course and will be judged by Stephanie Wilson-Astbury. The final will be split into Grades 1-4 and 5-7. Invites will be sent out in February 2014.
We would to thank Dog Vegas for allowing us to hold the final at their show and to Stephanie for judging. Just think of all those Terriers in one place! Chaos springs to mind.
It was all systems go from 1 January 2013 when the ATL was launched. Due to the high interest in the League, it has been decided to give separate awards per Grade and to Veterans, with even more of a chance to be a League winner.
Rules & Regulations
1. There is a fee of £3 per dog. This will fund rosettes and trophies for each grade winner (possibly reserves if there are enough members).
2. The League will run from 1 January to 31 December each year. Final results must be received by 7 January.
3. Points can be claimed for a top 10 place in classes at KC and none-KC shows, as follows:
Please note: Due to the rules of the IKC being the same as the KCI, if you compete at an Irish Kennel Club (IKC) show, any IKC show will be viewed as a KC show.
4. You cannot claim points for Pay on the Day classes, Teams, Pairs, Trios or Interclub matches. If you are lucky enough to compete in Champ you can claim points for the Champ qualifying rounds, but not the final.
5. For the duration of the League your dog will stay in the Grade category they were in on the 1 January, regardless of any progression gained during the current League year. They must then be moved up the following League year.
6. Results must be received within one month of the date you achieved them, otherwise you lose them.
7. It is the handler's responsibility to send their results in via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. There will be separate awards for:-
Heights may be split if we have enough members.
9. The Any size category is for those Terriers who can no longer compete at their full height due to injury, age, etc. Only points can be claimed from Any size and Veteran classes in this category. We will not accept points from Standard classes. Once you have entered your Terrier into this category you cannot move it to any of the Grade categories.
10. All members are expected to be honest about their results. If anyone is found to be dishonest then they will be removed from the League and their membership fee will not be refunded.
Any questions, please email Hannah Grantham at: email@example.com or see her at a show.