Lurchery rules and regulations
Please note that the following rules will be due for review at the end of 2005, after a trial run of seven months. The organiser Gina Pears would welcome (and be very grateful) for any feedback, comments or suggestions to improve the league for its members. Any improvements to the rules will be implemented for 2006.
1. The league is open to all types of Lurchers (Sighthound X with any other non-sighthound breeds) and Longdogs (Sighthound X Sighthound). Even if the breeding is not known, say a rescue, as long as itís 'Lurchery' it will be allowed in the league!! Photos may be required though!
2. There will also be a separate class/classes for pedigree Sighthounds (also including Italian Greyhounds) but more info will be available at a later date, depending on the response from their owners.
3. There will be a yearly fee of £2-00 to cover admin costs, awards etc.
4. There will be separate awards for the following classes-Please note that for example Starter dogs that gain points in a Novice class at a show, those points will go in their Starters category in the league and so on for each category.
5. Members can join at any time and their points can be back dated if necessary.
6. Trophy or shield for winning overall dog, rosettes for all other class winners or hopefully trophies if there are enough members.
7. Points can be gained from any scheduled classes at any licensed shows, but initially not from unaffiliated shows or inter-club matches. Points cannot be gained from special classes e.g. Helter Skelter, Pairs, Gamblers, Pay On The Day etc etc. Points can be gained for placings or clear rounds in any ABC and Open classes.
8. The league will start officially on the 1st June 2005 and run until 31st December 2005, but thereafter it will run from 1st January until 31st December.
9. The league results will be updated on a monthly basis and results posted on the Agility Net.
10. Points will be awarded as follows:-
11. Points will only be awarded for places when a rosette is actually given. Eg. If only 20 rosettes in a Novice Jumping class are awarded, then a dog gaining 21st place will only be eligible for a clear round two points in the League points system.
12. Clear round points will be awarded even if clear round rosettes are not given out in that class on the day.
13. All members will be expected to provide an honest record of their results.