Supporting agility dogs with specialist lifetime cover
Here is a list of things to remember when going to
Crufts, primarily for new visitors and those who, like mothers in labour forget
the trauma of childbirth when they get home! The advice is appropriate to anyone
who has gone to watch - or participate in - Agility, Flyball, Obedience, Breed
or a touch of retail shopping. Enjoy your day and don't say that we didn't warn
- Wear comfy shoes and loose clothing.
You'll walk more than you have ever done for your personal trainer.
- Drink plenty of fluids (not Prosecco).
Air conditioning will turn you into a prune.
- Bring the family jewels as cash and
cards are not enough.
- Don't forget to clear out the
thousands of selfies on you phone to free up memory.
- Bring food unless you want to pay £20
for a coffee and sarnie but avoid garlic or onion as you're no more than ten
inches from the next person.
- When using shopping trolleys, avoid
docking dogs tails with wheels whilst stampeding to the next scissor stall.
- Bring a folding stool or chair. Some
benches are covered in slobber and the meeting point resembles Glastonbury
at lunchtime so it saves you sitting on the floor.
- Turn off flashes if you are taking
photos of dogs close up. Either the dog will freak or you may end up with a
pin brush up your bum.
- Take a drone with you to locate your
car after the event.
- Ask before you ruffle, cuddle or
stroke a dog especially a poodle ready to go into the ring as the owner may
- Get a tag with your name and contact
details of relatives if you are planning on drinking, Safe return
- Most of all enjoy the day.
Celebrate everything dog and make memories.
Have a fab week, Lakhi
Photo courtesy of Paws Trading - Hall 5
First published 27th February 2020